Index of Indexes
Search is currently disabled | Contribute to the Index
It is hoped that this Index of Indexes will be of benefit to all those who undertake projects and avoid duplication. Family historians will also benefit as they will be made aware of materials available, or indexes in production. It is not anticipated at this stage that the Index of Indexes will be published in other formats.
Anyone can make submissions to the index, individuals, family history societies, historical societies or anyone who is compiling, or has compiled, an index of interest to family historians.
Submissions will be made via the AFFHO website www.affho.org and will require you to register to add an entry. The purposes of the database are:
- To allow planners to avoid unnecessary duplication of effort;
- To bring past, present and prospective indexes to the notice of researchers;
- To put researchers in touch with indexers;
- To put volunteers in touch with index project managers;
- To allow publishers to make researchers aware of their work.
The purposes do not include the advertisement of lookup services by persons who do not hold an intellectual property right in the index.
For many years this type of project has been undertaken by Judy Webster, who is no longer continuing her index. It has come to AFFHO’s attention in recent times of instances where two societies have spent many valuable volunteer hours on indexing the same material. It is hoped that this Index of Indexes will be of benefit to all those who undertake such projects and avoid duplication. Family historians will also benefit as they will be made aware of materials available, or indexes in production. It is not anticipated at this stage that the Index of Indexes will be published in other formats.
By making a submission the submitter warrants that at the time of the submission:
- The particulars of the index are correct;
- The submitter is entitled to an intellectual property right in the index, or is entitled to lodge the submission on behalf of such a person;
- The index does not infringe the intellectual property right of another person;
- The index is not likely to offend against any applicable law.
The submitter undertakes to keep the particulars of the index correct at all times.
AFFHO reserves the right:
- To refuse to list any index without giving reasons to the submitter;
- To remove the listing of any index for any reason without prior notice to the submitter.
AFFHO makes no undertaking as to:
- The quality or fitness for purpose of any listed index;
- The availability or accessibility of the database.
Any person who objects to the listing of any index or to any particulars in the listing may lodge an objection in writing with the secretary at the postal address published on the AFFHO website, or by sending a message using the contact page on the AFFHO website.
The index is available on the general area of our website for any visitor to search, from the home page click on ‘Index of Indexes’.
Searches of the index are possible on the following fields:
- Name of index
- Project status
- Keywords in the title
If you have any questions or suggestions please contact AFFHO, P.O. Box 3012, Weston Creek, A.C.T. 2611. or email email@example.com.